Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

The favourite Christmas dish on St Helena is goat meat curry.  Needless to say, I tried to find more traditional ingredients for our Christmas meal, but ended up with a strange mixture of dishes - all based on the ingredients that I could find on the island.  I made an Hawaiian cake, baked rice pudding, fruit salad (a real treat here) and cooked a piece of gammon, on the 24th.  On Sunday morning, I went with Graeme to 3 services at the 3 Baptist congregations.  Here is the view from the Head O'Wain chapel.


I made it to the kitchen at about 12 noon.  I then put a chicken in the oven, cooked carrots, roast potatoes and green beans, and microwaved 2 shop bought Christmas puddings.  Danny's parents brought a large bowl of curry and rice. We managed to eat at about 2.30pm.

I had a rest after everyone had eaten, as I was due to spend the next 3 days in hospital again.  This time because of a severely impacted bowel.

No comments:

Post a Comment