Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Hospital again

What a lovely way to spend boxing day!!..  3 days of liquids only, a drip in my arm, and the most disgusting medicine every few hours.  And all this only gave me partial relief...

The doctors are not sure what is causing the problem, and I am scheduled for yet another day in hospital on the 14th January.  If they still cannot get to the root of the problem, I will have to leave on 31st January on the RMS to go to SA to see a gastroenterologist. The problem with St Helena is that, if you have a medical problem that is slightly out of the ordinary, they do not have the facilities to diagnose or treat you properly.

I am praying that I will NOT have to go off island, but am feeling very drained and tired.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sis, sorry to read about your bad health - if you have to come to SA for your health please come and stay with us. We will sort you out and get you the best of care.

    ReplyDelete