Sunday, December 27, 2009

Edie and Hazie

Dear old Edie – the 90 year old lady that we take to church on Sundays. She walks much faster than I can. The problem is that she is unsteady while she motors along at a breath taking speed, and so she clings onto my arm while she does so. I simply have to try and keep up. (I walk with a walking stick)

We were walking back to the car after the Head O'Wain service. It is quite a long uphill path to the car. Almost there….There is a narrow gap with a hump in the path between a parked car and a field of dense flax. Edie decides to aim for it, dragging me along behind her. Naturally, we both loose our balance, and flop around like 2 old drunks. A new visitor to church, who was about to drive away in his car, sees the 2 of us, and comes dashing to our aid. Edie just giggles merrily, and carries on dragging me behind her to the Fiesta...

No – there are no pictures today.

1 comment: