Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reopening of Schoolroom



At 2.30pm the hall next to the Chapel (known as the Schoolroom) was reopened after the rock fall damage in Aug 2008. (Picture of Pam, Lynn and Nick leading and singing) Graeme preached his opening sermon “I am not ashamed of the gospel” There were a number of visitors – even the bishop from the Anglican church. Afterwards tea and eats were served, and there was a farewell for Nick and Lynn.

When the church council prayed for Nick, they asked God to use him in the far away land (i.e. New Zealand) that he was going to. I smiled at our different perspectives. To me, St Helena is the “far away land”.

1 comment:

  1. I think to most everyone else in the world Saint Helena is the far away land!

    I am greatly encouraged to hear that the bishop attended! I believe it would be wonderful for the churches to be the Church (not just on Saint Helena but everywhere) and I hope that you develop a good relationship with him.

    ReplyDelete