Monday, December 28, 2009

Visits

Graeme and I left home about 7.30am to go and visit Vince and Vilma. Graeme and Vince went off for a time of prayer and chatting, while Vilma and I got to know each other better. Left at about 12.00pm and went to visit Harold, Enid and Keran. We had to leave our car at the bottom of their property and walk up 2 hills to their home. Beautiful area, but a stiff walk. Had a good visit, then walked back to the car in thick mist.

Paid our bi-weekly visit to our dogs. Was a bit taken aback when the 2 dears came running towards me, only to run straight past me, and greet Arthur March!! He is one of the 3 people who look after them while they are in quarantine. The dogs are obviously happy and well cared for. They will most probably pine for their new “family” when we bring them home at the end of their quarantine period.

Paid Maisy a visit. She is still in hospital, but was a bit more alert today. I hope that when I am as old as she is, that people will remember me with as much fondness as the Saints remember her. Seems that she was quite a vibrant lady in her younger days.

Took a picture of the view from my kitchen window. The window is level with the ground outside. There is a narrow lane of about a meter wide between the manse and the chapel. Graeme parks his motor bike there.

No comments:

Post a Comment