Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

My, but the Saints know how to celebrate Christmas!! Round about 3pm a celebration procession started at the top of Market Street, which leads into Jamestown itself. It went a few blocks, then stopped at “the barracks.” Resumed again around 6.00pm. It reminded me a little of the “Coon’s Carnival” held in Cape Town on New Year’s day. I even heard the strains of “suikerbossie ek wil jou he” being played by one of the groups…

There was a general air of good fun and enjoyment, without any nastiness.


GGraeme and I joined Pam and Madison in the street, and took a number of photos. After watching the procession pass our house, Graeme and I went home for "tea", then wandered into the town around 7.30pm to support some of our friends who were about to start singing carols. Graeme got handed a song sheet, and found himself in the “choir” for about half an hour.





A Christmas Eve that I will not forget in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment