Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Shopping and visiting

Toddled off to the shops around 10.30am in the hope of finding potatoes and onions. I did! When I dropped in at "the Star" hoping to find bread, there was such a queue that I decided to rather go home and bake scones.

Dropped in at the only bank on the island, and found out that there are NO bank charges for anything! The only bank transaction is an annual credit of 3% simple interest on the amount that has been in the bank for a full 12 months!

Puffed up the hill, back to the manse with my shopping treasures. My legs are feeling a little stronger today, but the lungs insist on wheezing like a muscovy duck - it is my signature tune.

We were invited to lunch at Elaine, Anthony and Timon Hopkins. Really good fare and nice getting to know another family. Timon enjoys fishing, and they talked about showing Graeme "the spots".

Stopped at the top of ladder hill, on the way home to take some pics of Jamestown.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Hazel. I am beginning to really look forward to seeing the photos of St Helena and the "Saints". Their Christmas celebrations looked like fun. Have you noticed that I am named snurse on here? Have tried to change my username, but when one is computerally challenged it is hard! teehee. It seems I must remain yours truly, snurse

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to catch up with your blog at last Hazel! I shall follow it as diligently as you write it, which I am thrilled to see is at a high frequency. We were wondering how Maisie is doing, which you answered...we hoped that we wouldn't hear bad news when we landed. Glad you enjoyed the Christmas parade - it really is quite a festive affair.

    ReplyDelete