Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pugs and Water Filter

8.00 am and off to visit our “girls” – Cho and Abigail – who are in quarantine for the first 6 months on the island. I brought them a soft old blanket and cover to lie on – Cho is developing calluses from lying on a hard cement floor – and some home cooked rice and bones and gristle. We got permission to bring a bucket and warm water on our next visit, and to give them a bath. They love being clean, and then having a tug-of-war with the towel when we dry them. Thankfully, they are becoming used to their new carers, and don’t cry when we leave any more.

We hurried back to Jamestown. Thursdays are meat and local veggie day. Luckily, I was in one of the stores when the locally grown veggies were unpacked. I bought a cabbage and a broccoli head, but decided against a cucumber. Regretfully, an hour later, when I changed my mind about the cucumber, there were none left!! It will take a while for me to get the hang of the shopping methods here, but never fear, Hazie will overcome.

Lyn came over to bring a few more of their packed boxes that they are storing at the manse until they leave on Wed. She helped me get going on my blog, and showed me how to attach photos – lucky for you guys that are reading my epistles.

Later in the afternoon Graeme fitted our water filter to the kitchen tap. Praise the Lord! We now have clear water instead of slightly yellow water in our drinking glasses.

Pam and Geoff came over to watch the last episode of Matrix. Afterwards Graeme and Geoff enjoyed chatting about the 2nd world war aeroplanes and fighting strategies, etc, while Pam and I sat and thought our own thoughts…

2 comments:

  1. So what is with the white clothing - you got the heavenly cloths already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white overalls are compulsory because the dogs are in quarantine. We even have to dip our shoes in Jeyes fluid before entering and after leaving their compound. After we leave, we have to take the overalls off, and leave them in a special cupboard where we collect them for the next visit...

    ReplyDelete